Sorry, Bob Dylan. Here are a few tech changes that were instituted over the summer, or are coming real soon.
- We were forced to abandon PCA as an assessment delivery system and have moved to Mastery Manager. It is up and ready to go. With just a little training you can use it to deliver your formative assessments very easily.
- Sharepoint has given way to Google Drive. We have moved all the document libraries from Sharepoint to Google in order to retire the old Sharepoint server. The District's Document repository now lives in the cloud. There is a little article that follows this explaining how to access this new site and its resources.
- Pinnacle will be replaced by Infinite Campus. Near the end of the last school year we were told that Pinnacle's SIS would be discontinued in a year and after looking at several alternatives, we have chosen Infinite Campus to replace it. Over the course of this school year we will be making the transition.
- A new Gradebook is coming. Along with a new SIS comes Infinite Campus' version of the Gradebook. We plan to begin training sessions for the new Gradebook in the Spring 2014 with deployment to take place over the summer. The program will be fully implemented for the 2014-2015 school year.
- Moodle got a new look and feel. It was upgraded over the summer from Moodle 1.9 to Moodle 2.4.
- Bandwidth to the Internet was increased to 400 MB, and each classroom will be getting their own WIFI antenna to increase capacity.
- Our paper-based school enrollment method is going online. Starting in September, we will be using this new system to add incoming freshmen (NTHS class of 2018!) to the District's student information systems.
- The PDC at North has new digs. You can find Judy and Phil in room 1145.
- Freshmen received Samsung's Google Chromebooks this year rather than Netbooks.