In case you haven’t noticed them already, here are a handful of small updates that will make it easier to find, organize, and view files on Drive.
- Search by person: Can't remember the name of a file but know who shared it with you? Now Drive search auto-completes people’s names, making it easier to find the stuff you’re looking for.
- View Google Earth map files: You can now open, preview, and interact withGoogle Earth files (.kml and .kmz) right inside Google Drive on the web.
- Drag and drop folders in Chrome: If you’re using Chrome, you can drag and drop entire folders from your desktop to Drive on the web (at drive.google.com).
- Search includes items in your trash: Sometimes files you are looking for accidentally end up in your trash, so now search results include files there too.
- Create new folders while organizing files: Now when you select files in your Drive list, in addition to adding them to an existing folder, you can add directly to a new folder.