Once you've uploaded your video to Google Docs, you can watch it with the Google Docs video player. Simply click the file from your Documents List, and the player opens in a new page.
Files that you can play
Uploaded video files can be up to 1 GB. These are the most common video formats that you can upload and play:
- WebM files (Vp8 video codec and Vorbis Audio codec)
- .MPEG4, 3GPP and MOV files - (h264 and mpeg4 video codecs and AAC audio codec)
- .AVI (many cameras use this format - typically the video codec is MJPEG and audio is PCM)
- .MPEGPS (MPEG2 video codec and MP2 audio)
- .FLV (Adobe - FLV1 video codec, MP3 audio)
Tips and notes
- Upload your video in the original format and in the highest quality possible. The maximum resolution for playback is 1920x1080.
- Audio and video lengths should be the same, audio and video should start and end at the same time.
Just click a video file you've uploaded to your Documents List, and the video opens in a new page that includes a video player. You will need to have Flash installed for the video player to work.
On the page that opens, you can also find additional information about the file, including the owner, whether the file is shared or not, and when the file was uploaded. You can also download previous versions of the file, but you can’t view these versions in the player. If you'd like to play one of the older versions, you need to delete the more recent versions and wait for it to be processed.
Below are some error messages you might see while trying to watch an uploaded video, and some possible solutions.
|The video is not yet processed.||Please try opening the file again later.|
|Unable to process this video.||The video file might be corrupted, or the video has been uploaded in a format that doesn't work with the player. Please either choose a different format or try uploading the video again.|