Teachers who wish to “test-out” must submit the following materials to Phil Lacey, Director of Instructional Technology Services, for review. Make arrangements with Dr. Lacey to share your portfolio.
Please submit a minimum of 3 lesson plans. Your 3 lessons must use
- Google Apps (any of the following: mail, docs, calendar, sites, etc.)
- Social Bookmarking: Develop a collection of on-line resources using a social bookmarking tool and tagging techniques.
- Digital Citizenship: Discuss the benefits and dangers of on-line social networking in an education environment
- Wikis: Develop a wiki for classroom use (share a link)
- Blogs: Demonstrate the use and resources that you gather using a RSS aggregator.
- Podcasting: Develop an engaging podcast of a classroom lecture.
- Digital storytelling: Develop and engaging video for classroom use.
- FOSS: (Free and Open Source Software): Produce and exhibit an article which was created with an open-source tool
Teachers are encouraged to go to the PDC and/or get help from Tech 1 trained colleagues to modify their lessons before submission, if needed.